Tuesday, November 13, 2012

I am ridiculously blessed

It is so easy to take for granted our lives and God's blessings. Lately I have been thinking about how great I have it, and how good God is to me.

I have been through struggle and trial one after another, but I am starting to truly see how God is blessing me through each situation.

Trial: As I move away from the friendships that are pointing me to the world I am losing the dearest people in my life, and feeling like they want absolutely nothing to do with me.

My goal was not to cut those people out of my life, but to spend a little less time with them. I was putting all my time and effort into friendships that weren't Christ exalting and I was not spending enough time walking with God, in His word, prayer and fellowshipping with my brothers and sisters in Christ.

Blessing: As I cry out to God to strengthen me and help me get through this trial of losing friends I find myself creating new relationships and friendships. He is bringing wonderful friendships back into my life that I used to have, and creating new friendships with brothers and sisters I didn't know before.
God is blessing me with new and fun experiences with these people. Although it still hurts to lose other friends I am coming to be at peace with how God is handling the situation.


Trial: I live in a three bedroom, two bathroom, one story house with seven grown adults and my dad works out of an office from home. For the last few months there has been frustration after frustration getting used to the way each person lives.
My sister and I have our routines, times we need to get up, use the bathroom to get ready etc... My grandparents have their routine, times they need to get up and get ready etc... My parents have their routines, and my Uncle has his. We are all on different schedules doing different things and it is a huge adjustment getting used to living with so many people.
My uncle doesn't do a whole lot during the day so he stays up very late at night and I often find myself being kept awake by his noise.
I was so frustrated and annoyed suddenly having so many people in the house.

Blessing: God opened my eyes to the fact that I was once a person full of sin, completely undeserving of anyone taking me in. God brought me in, cleaned away my sin and loves me continually. Despite the fact that I mess up over and over, I mock Him, I do things that make Him sad hurt and annoy Him yet He still loves me unconditionally.
I do things that annoy and hurt Him a lot more then just being kept up at night, but He keeps caring for me.
If God can continue to forgive and love me, I have no place to judge or be angry or annoyed at anyone else. He has opened my eyes to that reality and is teaching me how to deal with each situation with grace and love.

Blessing: God has provided me a stable car, a job to provide gas and pay for bills, and even lowered the gas prices so I could afford to drive thirty minutes to and from Church. (Yes that's a huge blessing!!!)

Blessing: God has given me a chance to minister to others and has opened my eyes to the importance of serving.

Blessing: God kept my whole family on the east coast safe from the Hurricane.

Blessing: God is allowing my whole family to be home and together for Thanksgiving AND Christmas.

Man, I could go on and on with the ways I am blessed because that is just a small amount of things I have to be thankful for.

My point is, remember you are blessed and constantly thank God for those blessings.
I know I don't thank Him nearly enough.
Psalm 100:4
Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name.

No comments:

Post a Comment